Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thankful for #7

I am thankful today for WWII veterans.  Today is December 7th.  This day in 1941 the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, which kicked the USA into World War II officially.  The attacked killed about 2,403 people and left hundreds wounded. 

My grandfather was a WWII veteran.  He never talked about his experience to us grandkids.  But from what my mother and grandmother told me, he was in France and possibly Germany around 1945.  This is when the war was ending and US troops were finally seeing concentration camps.  I can not even imagine what those men went through when they first entered the camps and saw all those awful things. 
Thank You.  Thank You.  Thank You.


More information about Pearl Harbor:  http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/pearl.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment